There appears to be a connection between watching a video on a social media site and the purchase decision making process for consumers according to research from BrightCove.
Brightcove’s ‘The Science of Social Video: Turning Views into Value’ report revealed that nearly half (46%) of viewers have actually made a purchase as a result of watching a branded video on social media and another third (32%) have considered doing so. That might be surprising to many but it gets even better for those that currently leverage social video:
- 81% of consumers currently interact with brands on social media and two fifths (43%) have done so through watching branded video
- Eight in ten (79%) agreed that video is the easiest way to get to know a brand online
- When asked for their number one choice of branded content on social networks, video was the most popular answer (31%)
The findings also highlighted the extent to which social video consumption has risen in recent months, resulting in a growing window of opportunity for brands to get in front of their audiences on social media. The results showed that:
- Two thirds (67%) of respondents watch more video on social networks, like Facebook, Twitter and Snapchat, than they did a year ago
- The average consumer now watches just under an hour (49 minutes) of social video every day
- 60% of viewers expect the amount of social video they watch to continue rising over the next year
“In recent years a clear trend favoring video content on social media has emerged – especially as social giants like Facebook have moved to ensure video is prominent within the consumer news feed,” said David Mendels, CEO of Brightcove.
“We’re at a point now where the billions of daily views and millions of viewing hours represent a significant opportunity for brands striving to engage with their audiences online. But it’s not without its challenges.
How can this help your business?
Simple. If you have social media accounts such as Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, or even Snapchat….POST VIDEOS! This doesn’t have to be 10pm news quality. Even a simple informal smart phone video can go a long way to help tell your story. Check out our social media services page to see how we can help.
Original Article Credit: Website Magazine, November 2016