Social Media for Real Estate: 5 quick and easy steps to help build your business
Step 1: Establish Goals
Ask yourself “What do I want to get out of my social media efforts?”
Your answers may include:
- Deepening existing relationships
- Highlighting your character and experience
- Staying top of mind with the people in your database
Step 2: Narrow Your Focus
Which social media platforms should you use? If you’re just getting started, pick one social media platform to master. A 2015 survey notes that over 70% of online adults use Facebook. A Facebook Business Page is a good place to start, and then test out some other options such as LinkedIn, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Step 3: Develop a Content Plan
Popular search engines such as Google and Yahoo index content that is found on social sites such as Facebok and Google+. Creating relative keyword-rich content that describes the products and services you offer will help boost your organic search rankings. Create a repository of content you can post that:
- Provides value
- Encourages engagement
- Builds trust
Maintaining regular contact with your friends and clients through social media creates an opportunity to articulate how you work, become a trusted advisor for your community and demonstrate you care about their needs.
Step 4: Schedule, Interact, Monitor
- Schedule your posts in advance: Set aside 1-2 hours per week to use a social media scheduling application to schedule and automate all of your posts for the week. Ask us about how this can be done using our social media management tool.
- Get social: To build trust and deepen relationships within your community you need to interact with it! Retweet, Comment, Like, Share, etc. posts by others. Also, don’t forget to show gratitude to those who return the favor and socialize with you.
- Time block: set aside 10 minutes in the AM and 10 minutes in the PM each day to check your accounts and respond.
Step 5: Track and Measure Your Success
You can’t improve what you don’t measure! Make sure to take some time each month to look at the best times to post and which types of posts (ie: photos, videos, contests, quotes) generated the most reach/engagement.
While many social media platforms began as fun places to visit, most have become a place for serious online marketing and outreach. Contact us today to discuss a comprehensive social media strategy to reach thru to new customers!